Transitional Service Program
The Safe Voices two year Transitional Service Program is a program of empowerment. It is designed with your future in mind - a life free from violence to grow and be all you desire to be. It is a specifically geared to assist victims of domestic violence to take back their lives and rebuild a home for themselves and their children, a home that is safe and financially secure.
Safe Voices knows that fleeing domestic violence can leave one with the financial burden of childcare, rent, groceries, utility bills, transportation, legal fees and prevent one from gaining the skills needed to support their families.
What to Expect
Below is a list of what you can expect from our Transitional Service Program:
- A weekly in home visit from our Transitional Services Coordinator who will help you develop a family plan and with guidance and support. help you see that plan through
- Assistance to reach your dreams from furnishing your home to getting your license
- A long term living safety plan
- Childcare and children's recreational resources, parenting support
- Assistance to obtain a certificate in a career field or enter college for the first time
- Assistance to obtain your permit, license, GED, High School Diploma, Citizenship
- Assistance to apply to foundations who offer victims of domestic violence scholarships to further their education and work skills and other organizations like FAFSA, Federal Student Financial Aid who offer financial grants
- Basic living on going needs: Laundry supplies and infant supplies
- Assistance with career planning, writing a resume and finding employment
Safe Voices strives for you to win which is why we network closely with several social service agencies and educational institutions. We realize that working together will help pave the way for your success.
Holiday Giving Programs
To aid in your success every family that is part of this program is eligible for our 2 holiday giving programs:
- Thanksgiving - Feed A Family - A complete Thanksgiving basket for the entire family
- Christmas - Adopt a Family - Christmas gifts for the entire family
Those eligible to receive this service:
- Individual who is currently receiving other Safe Voices services
- Women currently staying at out shelter
- Those working with other domestic violence shelters and need to relocate
For more information about this service you can call 207-795-6744 or the helpline at 1-800-559-2927 ask to speak to the Transitional Services Program Coordinator.