Monthly timesheets can now be completed online:
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Safe Voices is happy to offer volunteer and internship opportunities across all our program areas, including prevention/education, outreach/court advocacy, crisis call work, shelter, and marketing and development. Volunteer placement is based on interest, abilities, and the capacity of Safe Voices’ programs. Internships are often competitive. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or interning with Safe Voices please call Victoria Stanton at (207) 795-6744 ext. 214 or email email@example.com.
Current Internship Openings
Job Title: Development & Marketing Intern (unpaid)
Work hours: Available hours are 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday – Friday; 8-16 hours per week (part time) with a flexible schedule within agency hours of operation.
Reports to: Victoria Stanton, Director of Development & Engagement
Locations: Lewiston, Maine
Description: The Development & Marketing Intern aids in all aspects of Safe Voices’ fundraising and marketing activities, including but not limited to event planning, solicitations, gift processing and data management, copy writing/editing, volunteer management, donor relations/stewardship and prospect research.
Depending on skills and interest, the Intern may also assist with graphic design, photography/videography, and/or grant writing. Where appropriate and funding allows, the Intern will have the opportunity to attend industry events and trainings.
Available times: Semester, Summer or Full Academic Year
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license
- Strong computer skills
- Outgoing, with good communication skills and a sense of humor
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- Willing to learn new things and take on new tasks
- Committed to Safe Voices’ mission and values, including the value and importance of charitable giving
- Able to work as a member of a team
- Prior development/marketing experience a plus but not required
- Must agree to agency confidentiality statement and pass background checks
Internship location: Lewiston, Maine
Paid or unpaid: Unpaid
Applicable majors: This internship is ideal for students interested in fundraising and development, marketing, communications, and/or non-profit administration.
All interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Victoria Stanton, Director of Development & Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional application materials may be required.