Safe Voices is seeking candidates for the following internship:
Job Title: Fundraising/Event Planning Internship
Work Hours: Available hours are 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday – Friday; looking for 15-20 hours per week
Reports To: Staci Beal, Fundraising and Volunteer Coordinator
Locations: Lewiston, Maine
Safe Voices is seeking a qualified and energetic individual for the Spring Semester 2015 to aid in the planning process of the 2015 Walk/Run to End Domestic Violence and will have some administrative responsibilities. Safe Voices is a domestic violence resource agency whose mission is to support and empower those affected by domestic violence and engage the community in creating social change in Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford Counties.
The ideal candidate should be outgoing, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attend weekly Walk Committee meetings
- Assist with planning and execution of the Walk
- Assist and aid with other tasks associated with planning the Walk
- Assist with updating resources for agency helpline binders
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Must possess solid computer skills
- Must have good written, oral, and communication skills
- Must be highly organized
- Will be willing to learn new things and take on new tasks
- Should be energetic and personable
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to work as a member of a team
Please note: This is an unpaid internship
All interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Staci Beal, Fundraising and Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or PO Box 713 Auburn, ME 04212.
Deadline to apply: Feb 19th at 3pm. Start Date: March 2nd (Flexible)