Civil and Criminal Justice Advocate - Oxford County
Safe Voices Domestic Violence Resource Center is seeking a dynamic, creative, and engaging individual to fill the full-time role of Oxford County Civil and Criminal Justice Advocate. This position requires a highly motivated, professional team player with knowledge of domestic violence. This position is based in Norway and serves all of Oxford County.
Primary role: To provide comprehensive support and advocacy services for victim of domestic violence while strengthening the relationship between Safe Voices and stakeholders within the greater Oxford County community. Essential tasks for this position include support in both civil and criminal justice matters, individual advocacy, support group facilitation, and administrative activities.
- Ø The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, thrive working independently, as well as part of many multidisciplinary teams.
- Ø Applicants should have excellent time management skills, ability to navigate complex crisis situations, and knowledge of domestic violence and advocacy techniques.
- Ø Experience in crisis and/or other human or advocacy services.
- Ø Understanding of the unique needs and challenges specific to assisting victims within rural communities.
- Ø Excellent written and oral communication skills required with grant reporting experience highly preferred.
- Ø Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year institution of higher learning strongly preferred.
- Ø The candidate must have reliable transportation and possess a valid Maine Driver’s License.
Safe Voices is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes group health, dental and vision coverage, employer-sponsored health savings, life and short term disability coverage, 401(k) retirement savings, and paid time-off benefits, including 11 paid holidays. Interested applicants can submit their resume and letter of interest to Kelly Wasson at email@example.com
Safe Voices is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability.